One of Dive Rite’s signature products, the Transpac XT leads the way in comfort and durability. Developed by Dive Rite CEO, Lamar Hires, the Transpac XT design was born from expeditions in the remote karst region of Japan. These expeditions required a harness that was rugged and comfortable, both in and out of the water. The Transpac XT uses a true mountaineer backpack design with integrated hip pads, molded foam lumbar support pad, and ergonomic shoulder pads. The Transpac XT is available in sizes XS-XXL, and is also available in sizes specifically for women.
The Transpac XT balances weight across the hips and back, evenly distributing the weight of single or double tanks. The integrated wrap-around hip pads, made of dual density foam, snugly hug the lower back giving critical support and cushioning. Double-foam shoulder pads fit perfectly beneath the two-inch shoulder webbing to give chafe-free comfort. The molded foam lumbar pad is contoured in all the right places with mesh airflow channels for instant draining topside. Chest-support strap provides ideal load distribution and when used with the removable 1.5-inch crotch strap, provides stability and comfort in the water. Transition plates at the shoulders allow for quick user addition/removal of hardware and finite adjustments. Sizes XS-Med will include one 2” marine-grade stainless steel D-ring on each shoulder, sizes LG-XXL will include two 2” marine-grade stainless steel D-rings on each shoulder. All sizes come standard with one 2” marine-grade stainless steel D-ring on each side of the waist webbing. Dual 2” cam straps with marine-grade stainless steel buckles are positioned to give plenty of head room for easy maneuvering in the water.
The Transpac XT is neutrally buoyant, weighs less than 5lbs (2.29kg), and packs flat for travel. Optional weight pockets can be mounted easily onto the waist belt. The Transpac XT is designed for use with any XT or EXP wing in the Dive Rite line.
- Soft backplate constructed of 1000 denier ballistic nylon for maximum tear and abrasion resistance
- Marine grade stainless sideplates provide custom fit and performance depending on placement at waist
- Shoulder straps feature pivot rings at chest level for load distribution and acetyl resin quick release buckles for easy doff and don. Four 2-inch D-rings on each shoulder strap on sizes L-XXL. Sizes XS-M have one 2-inch D-ring per shoulder strap due to space limitations.
- Two-inch (50 mm) nylon webbing rated at 7,000 pounds breaking strength forms the shoulder and waist straps.
- Dual, 36-inch cam straps with lightweight marine stainless buckles
- Grommet mounting holes slide over bolt kit when diving doubles. Stability plates should also be used when diving doubles to protect harness and provide maximum security.
- Weight XS:4 lbs 4 oz (1.92kg), Sm:4 lbs 4 oz (1.95kg), Med:4 lbs 8 oz (2.054kg), Lg:4 lbs 12 oz (2.15kg), XL:4 lbs 14 oz (2.20kg), XXL:4.93lb (2.23kg),
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Additional Information